Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Republic Services ( RSG) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Republic Services fell $0.87 (-2.5%) to $34.27 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,990,938 shares of Republic Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,512,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.99-$35.25 after having opened the day at $34.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.14. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Homex Development ( HXM), down 30.6%, TRC Companies ( TRR), down 4.7%, Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation ( GLDD), down 4.5% and Perma-Fix Environmental Services ( PESI), down 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Republic Services Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.