Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Oil ( MRO) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Marathon Oil fell $0.39 (-1.1%) to $36.41 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,418,583 shares of Marathon Oil exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,726,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.25-$36.76 after having opened the day at $36.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.80. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Basic Energy Services ( BAS), down 11.3%, Camac Energy ( CAK), down 7.2%, Forum Energy Technologies ( FET), down 6.2% and CKX Lands ( CKX), down 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Marathon Oil Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.