Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, General Motors fell $0.41 (-1.1%) to $36.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15,862,482 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,237,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.46-$37.00 after having opened the day at $36.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.08. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Cobra Electronics Corporation ( COBR), down 19.1%, Global-Tech Advanced Innovations ( GAI), down 15.5%, Tempur Sealy International ( TPX), down 11.7% and Deckers Outdoor Corporation ( DECK), down 9.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.