Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries fell $1.62 (-1.0%) to $157.11 on light volume. Throughout the day, 518,771 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 698,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $156.38-$158.50 after having opened the day at $158.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $158.73. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), down 5.1%, KMG Chemicals ( KMG), down 4.8%, Ceres ( CERE), down 4.6% and PolyOne Corporation ( POL), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PPG Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.