Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Eastman Chemical Company ( EMN) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Eastman Chemical Company fell $1.31 (-1.7%) to $74.16 on light volume. Throughout the day, 875,958 shares of Eastman Chemical Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,458,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $73.51-$75.16 after having opened the day at $75.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.47. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Basic Energy Services ( BAS), down 11.3%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 7.3%, Camac Energy ( CAK), down 7.2% and Sterlite Industries (India ( SLT), down 7.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Eastman Chemical Company Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.