Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PG&E ( PCG) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, PG&E rose $0.71 (1.6%) to $46.32 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,758,442 shares of PG&E exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,866,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.42-$46.32 after having opened the day at $45.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.61. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: NRG Yield ( NYLD), up 3.5%, PVR Partners ( PVR), up 2.9%, Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), up 2.6% and Summit Midstream Partners ( SMLP), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PG&E Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.