Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VeriSign ( VRSN) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, VeriSign rose $1.39 (3.0%) to $47.32 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,232,883 shares of VeriSign exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,462,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.50-$48.84 after having opened the day at $46.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.93. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Zhone Technologies ( ZHNE), up 14.8%, Alvarion ( ALVR), up 7.0%, On Track Innovations ( OTIV), up 6.2% and magicJack VocalTec ( CALL), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full VeriSign Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.