Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. RenaissanceRe Holdings ( RNR) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, RenaissanceRe Holdings rose $0.95 (1.1%) to $88.35 on light volume. Throughout the day, 157,620 shares of RenaissanceRe Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 485,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $87.17-$88.53 after having opened the day at $87.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.40. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), up 5.9%, National Security Group ( NSEC), up 5.2%, United Insurance Holdings ( UIHC), up 4.7% and HCI Group ( HCI), up 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full RenaissanceRe Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.