Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HCA Holdings ( HCA) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, HCA Holdings rose $1.06 (2.7%) to $39.74 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,830,048 shares of HCA Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,853,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.68-$39.90 after having opened the day at $38.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.68. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Senesco Technologies ( SNTI), up 56.1%, Gentium SpA ( GENT), up 49.7%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 24.7% and EnteroMedics ( ETRM), up 19.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full HCA Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.