Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Chesapeake Energy rose $0.26 (1.1%) to $22.85 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,367,547 shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,079,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.34-$22.86 after having opened the day at $22.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.59. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Samson Oil & Gas ( SSN), up 12.2%, Phillips 66 Partners ( PSXP), up 9.9%, Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), up 8.3% and SandRidge Mississippian Trust II ( SDR), up 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.