Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Williams Partners ( WPZ) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Williams Partners rose $0.53 (1.0%) to $52.59 on light volume. Throughout the day, 504,455 shares of Williams Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 846,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.86-$53.15 after having opened the day at $51.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.06. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Senomyx ( SNMX), up 5.2%, Valhi ( VHI), up 5.0%, Verenium Corporation ( VRNM), up 4.8% and Gevo ( GEVO), up 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Williams Partners Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.