- An umbrella is not much protection. See how Ian Zeiring improvises with a chainsaw.
- After going airborne, sharks cannot click their ruby slippers like Dorothy to go home.
- “Sharknado” disaster coverage in cinemas will not be interrupted by commercials.
- If “Jaws” made you think twice about the sea, remember “Sharknado” can hit anywhere.
- Long range forecasts predict another “Sharknado” will hit New York City next.
Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), a leading motion picture exhibitor owning and operating the largest theatre circuit in the United States, today announces that Regal will host midnight shows of the Syfy Channel’s film “Sharknado” on August 2 at approximately 200 cinemas across the country. “‘Sharknado’ has become a force of nature in its own right. This project transcends the original television platform and has created tremendous buzz,” stated Ken Thewes, chief marketing officer for Regal Entertainment Group. “There’s just something epic about watching these huge beasts on the big screen with your friends and family. The crowd reactions will make for a memorable experience in our theatres.” At its peak, #sharknado registered about 5,000 tweets per minute, and accumulated more than 600,000 social media mentions while taking the internet by storm. Tickets for the midnight shows are available at the box office, online and through the Regal App. “You know how audiences have had fun with ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ over the years. If the internet reactions to this film are any indication, then our moviegoers are primed and ready to enjoy ‘Sharknado’ larger than life in cinemas,” said Chris Sylvia, director of digital marketing for Regal Entertainment Group. “Regal is proud to be giving our guests this chance to fuel the social media whirlwind by inviting friends to come to the show and tweeting reactions.” For anyone near a theatre where “Sharknado” is forecast to hit, Regal reminds you: