Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Halliburton Company ( HAL) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Halliburton Company as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $462.7 million.
- HAL traded 76,069 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:57 AM.
- HAL is up 5% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HAL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HAL: Halliburton Company provides a range of services and products for the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas. The company operates in two segments, Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. HAL has a PE ratio of 22.8. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Halliburton Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Halliburton Company has been 9.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Halliburton has a market cap of $42.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.90 and a short float of 2.3% with 2.30 days to cover. Shares are up 31.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Halliburton Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HAL's share price has jumped by 48.29%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HAL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.31, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, HAL has a quick ratio of 1.83, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- HALLIBURTON CO has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HALLIBURTON CO reported lower earnings of $2.77 versus $3.26 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.15 versus $2.77).
- You can view the full Halliburton Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.