Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. WellPoint ( WLP) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, WellPoint fell $1.54 (-1.8%) to $85.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,277,044 shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,914,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $85.32-$86.88 after having opened the day at $86.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.44. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Sequenom ( SQNM), down 29.6%, AEterna Zentaris ( AEZS), down 20.9%, OncoMed Pharmaceuticals ( OMED), down 14.2% and IntelliPharmaCeutics International ( IPCI), down 13.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full WellPoint Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.