Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Transocean ( RIG) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Transocean fell $0.71 (-1.4%) to $48.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,782,436 shares of Transocean exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,762,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.46-$49.19 after having opened the day at $48.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.20. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), down 9.1%, PostRock Energy ( PSTR), down 8.7%, Syntroleum Corporation ( SYNM), down 7.3% and Newfield Exploration Company ( NFX), down 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Transocean Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.