Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alexion Pharmaceuticals ( ALXN) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Alexion Pharmaceuticals fell $2.20 (-2.0%) to $107.56 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,629,472 shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,584,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $105.32-$110.88 after having opened the day at $107.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $109.76. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Sequenom ( SQNM), down 29.6%, AEterna Zentaris ( AEZS), down 20.9%, OncoMed Pharmaceuticals ( OMED), down 14.2% and IntelliPharmaCeutics International ( IPCI), down 13.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Alexion Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.