Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Actavis ( ACT) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Actavis rose $2.10 (1.7%) to $128.85 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,846,310 shares of Actavis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,748,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $124.45-$129.81 after having opened the day at $126.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $126.75. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: InterMune ( ITMN), up 15.2%, Boston Scientific ( BSX), up 12.7%, IsoRay ( ISR), up 12.6% and Sangamo BioSciences ( SGMO), up 11.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Actavis Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.