Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ameriprise Financial ( AMP) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Ameriprise Financial rose $1.36 (1.6%) to $87.60 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,168,265 shares of Ameriprise Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,265,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $86.42-$88.26 after having opened the day at $86.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.24. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Xoom ( XOOM), up 14.9%, E*Trade Financial ( ETFC), up 7.9%, Cowen Group ( COWN), up 7.6% and First Marblehead Corporation ( FMD), up 7.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ameriprise Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.