Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Chevron rose $1.39 (1.1%) to $127.76 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,456,484 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,133,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $125.79-$127.83 after having opened the day at $126.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $126.37. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Carbo Ceramics ( CRR), up 16.7%, Miller Energy Resources ( MILL), up 7.3%, Range Resources Corporation ( RRC), up 7.0% and Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation ( COG), up 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.