Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Under Armour ( UA) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Under Armour rose $7.55 (12.2%) to $69.38 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,766,791 shares of Under Armour exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,204,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $65.35-$69.55 after having opened the day at $65.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.83. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Brunswick Corporation ( BC), up 9.8%, Northern Technologies International ( NTIC), up 8.6%, John B. Sanfilippo & Son ( JBSS), up 8.1% and Patrick Industries ( PATK), up 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Under Armour Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.