Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. FLIR Systems ( FLIR) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, FLIR Systems rose $2.82 (9.7%) to $31.91 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,584,167 shares of FLIR Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,202,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.81-$32.28 after having opened the day at $29.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.09. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Frontline ( FRO), up 8.4% and Spirit AeroSystems Holdings ( SPR), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full FLIR Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.