- Revenue for the quarter totaled $1.74 billion, an increase of 9% from $1.6 billion in the second quarter of 2012.
- Excluding selected charges 1, net income 2 increased 16% to $101.8 million from $88.0 million in the second quarter of 2012, and earnings per diluted share increased 15% to $0.31 from $0.27 in the prior-year period. For the second quarter, selected charges (net of income taxes), which primarily related to costs associated with the Company’s recent corporate debt refinancing, totaled $31.9 million. For the same period in 2012, selected charges totaled $12.2 million, and were primarily related to the ING REIM businesses acquired in 2011.
- On a U.S. GAAP basis, net income totaled $69.9 million, compared with $75.9 million for the second quarter of 2012. GAAP earnings per diluted share totaled $0.21, compared with $0.23 in last year’s second quarter. The costs associated with the Company’s corporate debt refinancing reduced GAAP earnings per diluted share by $0.08 for the quarter.
- Excluding selected charges, Earnings Before Interest Taxes Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) 3 increased 10% to $243.1 million from $220.9 million in the second quarter of 2012. EBITDA 3 (including selected charges) rose 14% to $240.5 million for the second quarter of 2013, from $211.8 million for the same period a year earlier. Selected charges in 2013 related to carried interest incentive compensation expense while selected charges in 2012 related to the integration of the acquired ING REIM businesses.
- CBRE completed its 2013 corporate debt refinancing program in June, when it paid down all of its 11.625% senior subordinated notes ($450 million aggregate principal amount), due in 2017. As a result of all of its 2013 refinancing actions, the Company has meaningfully extended debt maturities, lowered annual interest expense by approximately $50 million and markedly increased its financial flexibility.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG) today reported solid growth in revenue and earnings for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013. Second-Quarter 2013 Results