Second Quarter Highlights
- Same-Property RevPAR: Same-Property revenue per available room (“Same-Property RevPAR”) in the second quarter of 2013 increased 6.0 percent over the same period of 2012 to $195.42. Same-Property average daily rate (“Same-Property ADR”) grew 4.4 percent from the second quarter of 2012 to $227.25. Same-Property Occupancy rose 1.5 percent to a robust 86.0 percent.
- Same-Property EBITDA: The Company’s hotels generated $46.1 million of Same-Property EBITDA for the quarter ended June 30, 2013, climbing 8.8 percent compared with the same period of 2012. Same-Property Revenues increased 5.6 percent, while Same-Property Expenses rose 4.2 percent. As a result, Same-Property EBITDA Margin grew to 31.1 percent for the quarter ended June 30, 2013, representing an increase of 93 basis points as compared to the same period last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA: The Company’s Adjusted EBITDA increased to $42.8 million from $32.9 million in the prior year period, an increase of $9.9 million, or 30.2 percent.
- Adjusted FFO: The Company’s Adjusted FFO climbed to $26.4 million from $20.1 million in the prior year period, an increase of 31.2 percent.
- Dividends: On June 14, 2013, the Company declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.16 per share on its common shares, a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.4921875 per share on its 7.875 percent Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Shares, a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.50 per share on its 8.0 percent Series B Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Shares and a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.40625 per share on its 6.50 percent Series C Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Shares.