- BMY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $316.2 million.
- BMY traded 14,660 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:23 AM.
- BMY is down 2.4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BMY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BMY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BMY: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, licenses, manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells biopharmaceutical products that help patients prevail over serious diseases worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. BMY has a PE ratio of 50.6. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Bristol-Myers Squibb Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bristol-Myers Squibb Company has been 10.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Bristol-Myers Squibb has a market cap of $73.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.10 and a short float of 1.8% with 3.67 days to cover. Shares are up 38.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bristol-Myers Squibb Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO is currently very high, coming in at 80.71%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 15.89% trails the industry average.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.58, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that BMY's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.51, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO's earnings per share declined by 42.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO reported lower earnings of $1.15 versus $2.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.79 versus $1.15).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 27.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Bristol-Myers Squibb Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.