Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Tower ( AMT) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, American Tower fell $0.81 (-1.1%) to $73.94 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,409,368 shares of American Tower exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,724,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $73.59-$74.80 after having opened the day at $74.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.75. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Hatteras Financial Corporation ( HTS), down 10.8%, Supertel Hospitality ( SPPR), down 5.7%, China HGS Real Estate ( HGSH), down 5.6% and Realogy Holdings ( RLGY), down 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Tower Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.