Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.B) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway fell $1.74 (-1.5%) to $116.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,371,612 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,977,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $116.24-$118.71 after having opened the day at $118.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $118.21. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), down 8.1%, National Security Group ( NSEC), down 6.2%, HCI Group ( HCI), down 6.1% and Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.