Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar fell $2.08 (-2.4%) to $83.44 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 16,507,899 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,218,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $82.64-$85.28 after having opened the day at $84.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.52. Other companies within the Industrial industry that declined today were: Zoltek Companies ( ZOLT), down 17.9%, China Recycling Energy Corporation ( CREG), down 6.8%, Coleman Cable ( CCIX), down 5.4% and Broadwind Energy ( BWEN), down 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.