Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vertex Pharmaceuticals ( VRTX) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Vertex Pharmaceuticals fell $1.29 (-1.5%) to $85.26 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,285,397 shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,803,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $84.50-$87.48 after having opened the day at $86.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.55. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 35.9%, Sarepta Therapeutics ( SRPT), down 18.9%, Neostem ( NBS), down 15.6% and OncoMed Pharmaceuticals ( OMED), down 12.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Vertex Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.