Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources fell $4.57 (-3.1%) to $144.07 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,031,762 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,799,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $143.16-$149.14 after having opened the day at $149.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $148.64. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Syntroleum Corporation ( SYNM), down 10.8%, Harvest Natural Resources ( HNR), down 8.2%, Hercules Offshore ( HERO), down 7.8% and Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), down 7.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.