Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Constellation Brands ( STZ) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Constellation Brands fell $0.60 (-1.2%) to $50.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,249,576 shares of Constellation Brands exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,049,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $50.17-$51.78 after having opened the day at $51.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.50. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Global-Tech Advanced Innovations ( GAI), down 25.5%, iRobot Corporation ( IRBT), down 13.4%, SGOCO Group ( SGOC), down 10.4% and Virco Manufacturing Corporation ( VIRC), down 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Constellation Brands Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.