Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monsanto Company ( MON) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company fell $2.16 (-2.1%) to $101.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,140,434 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,711,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $101.58-$102.85 after having opened the day at $102.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $103.90. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Syngenta ( SYT), down 4.4%, Solazyme ( SZYM), down 4.3%, Aceto Corporation ( ACET), down 3.9% and Senomyx ( SNMX), down 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.