Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Williams Companies ( WMB) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Williams Companies fell $0.85 (-2.5%) to $33.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,614,248 shares of Williams Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,670,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.26-$34.30 after having opened the day at $34.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.29. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: International Tower Hill Mines ( THM), down 54.4%, Walter Energy ( WLT), down 18.2%, Syntroleum Corporation ( SYNM), down 10.8% and Pacific Booker Minerals ( PBM), down 9.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Williams Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.