Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Baidu ( BIDU) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Baidu rose $3.53 (3.2%) to $113.37 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,173,338 shares of Baidu exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,078,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $109.37-$113.88 after having opened the day at $109.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $109.84. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Zhone Technologies ( ZHNE), up 35.6%, VMware ( VMW), up 16.7%, Vicor Corporation ( VICR), up 11.3% and Alliance Fiber Optic Products ( AFOP), up 10.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Baidu Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.