Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Aflac ( AFL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Aflac rose $1.18 (2.0%) to $60.90 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,692,678 shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,659,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.89-$61.29 after having opened the day at $59.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.72. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: State Auto Financial Corporation ( STFC), up 3.6%, Global Indemnity ( GBLI), up 3.0%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.A), up 2.4% and MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), up 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.