Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Dynamics ( GD) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, General Dynamics rose $1.28 (1.5%) to $85.31 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,908,618 shares of General Dynamics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,895,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $84.94-$86.60 after having opened the day at $85.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.03. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Clean Diesel Technologies ( CDTI), up 49.2%, Frontline ( FRO), up 15.2%, Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corp ( APWC), up 10.9% and China Valves Technology ( CVVT), up 8.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Dynamics Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.