Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, American Express rose $0.95 (1.3%) to $75.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,062,568 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,798,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $74.75-$76.07 after having opened the day at $74.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.41. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: MicroFinancial ( MFI), up 9.3%, NewStar Financial ( NEWS), up 4.5%, Security National Financial Corporation ( SNFCA), up 4.5% and GFI Group ( GFIG), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.