Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Apple ( AAPL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Apple rose $21.52 (5.1%) to $440.51 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 21,002,021 shares of Apple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,356,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $435.26-$444.59 after having opened the day at $438.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $418.99. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Identive Group ( INVE), up 7.6%, SMART Technologies ( SMT), up 6.2%, Overland Storage ( OVRL), up 5.7% and Interphase ( INPH), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Apple Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.