Booz Allen Hamilton (NYSE:BAH), a leader in management and technology consulting, today announced it has been awarded more than $78 million in competitive contract actions to support critical national health offices in its first quarter of fiscal year 2014. “Our civil health portfolio continues to expand within the Departments of Health and Human Services and Veterans Affairs,” said Susan Penfield, Booz Allen Executive Vice President, who leads the firm’s government health business. “We’re focusing our efforts on bringing together subject matter expertise with strategy, analytics and technology solutions to tackle the most pressing national health issues.” Among a variety of contracts, the new work includes three task orders from the Department of Veterans Affairs:
- $30.6 million task order with the Office of Information & Technology for support of Information Technology Workforce Development
- $11 million task order from the Chief Information Officer (CIO)/Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) to provide support to the OIS IT Resilience & Emergency Management
- $6 million task order to provide validation and testing of the Electronic Information and Technology products and systems
- $5 million split between five awards from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to provide support to the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of the Commissioner (OC) and Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA)
- $1 million split between three awards from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to provide support to the Office of External Affairs & Beneficiary Services and Healthcare Fraud Prevention Partnership.
- $241,000 split between two awards from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to provide support to Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response (OPHPR).
- $230,000 split between two awards from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to provide support to the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
Forward Looking StatementsThis press release contains, or may be deemed to contain, “forward-looking statements” (as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995). Examples of forward-looking statements include information concerning the value of the contract award and Booz Allen Hamilton’s future performance under the contract. These statements give Booz Allen Hamilton’s current expectation of future events or its future performance and do not relate directly to historical or current events. A number of factors could cause Booz Allen Hamilton’s future actions and related results to vary from any expectations or goals expressed in, or implied by, the forward-looking statements included in this press release, possibly to a material degree. Some of these factors include, but are not limited to, the risk factors set forth in Booz Allen Hamilton’s Annual Report on Form 10-K, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 23, 2013. All forward-looking statements included in this press release speak only as of the date made, and, except as required by law, Booz Allen Hamilton undertakes no obligation to update or revise publicly any such forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. BAHPR-CW