Today Groupon ( www.groupon.com) (NASDAQ: GRPN) announced major additions to its free Breadcrumb POS ( breadcrumb.groupon.com) iPad point-of-sale app that provide the most popular types of local businesses with a pre-built, customizable experience adapted to their specific industry. With Breadcrumb POS v.1.2, hair and nail salons, spas, studios, wine bars, cafes and retail establishments now have their own point-of-sale experience designed for their unique merchant environments.
- Breadcrumb POS for Salons/Spas: https://breadcrumb.groupon.com/pos/spa
- Breadcrumb POS for Quick-Service Cafes/Bars: https://breadcrumb.groupon.com/pos/cafe
- Breadcrumb POS for Studios/Retail: https://breadcrumb.groupon.com/pos/retail
- Breadcrumb PRO for Restaurants/Bars: https://breadcrumb.groupon.com/pro
Breadcrumb POS Now Addresses the Following Scenarios:
- Thousands of Menu Items to Load or Choose From – Breadcrumb POS comes with seven preloaded menus and inventory lists for the most popular types of local businesses, enabling merchants to start running their systems within minutes; merchants can also now add, scroll and search thousands of menu items.
- WiFi Signal Goes Out – Breadcrumb POS keeps checkout lines moving in the event the Internet connection is disrupted, storing transactions for up to one hour and processing offline transactions once WiFi resumes.
- Customer Has a Groupon Voucher – Built-in Groupon redemption provides for a smooth transaction experience for both merchants and consumers; in addition, the system enables merchants to exclude products and services not eligible for the discount and tracks overall deal performance.
- Modify a Latte with Soy Milk and Add Extra Whipped Cream – Make changes or add to any item or package and seamlessly apply them to a customer’s bill.
- Put This Drink on My Tab – Merchants can now serve more than one customer at a time by allowing them to keep their tabs open during their dining and shopping experiences.
- Breadcrumb POS – Provides merchants with a contemporary, effective and inexpensive way to replace their outdated cash registers with an easy-to-use point-of-sale solution that offers a low-price guarantee on credit card transaction fees
- Breadcrumb PRO – Caters exclusively to restaurants and bars that require a more extensive set of features such as check and table management and time clock functionality
- Breadcrumb Payments - Payments service backed by a low price guarantee to save local businesses money on credit card transactions that offers rates of only 1.8 percent plus $0.15 per transaction (MasterCard, Visa and Discover) with no hidden costs or monthly fees
- Groupon Merchants App for iPhone and Android – Enables local businesses to process credit card transactions, accept and redeem Groupon vouchers and measure the performance of Groupon deals