Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Windstream ( WIN) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Windstream fell $0.18 (-2.2%) to $8.17 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 20,504,679 shares of Windstream exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,255,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.01-$8.36 after having opened the day at $8.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.35. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Alvarion ( ALVR), down 46.0%, Alaska Communications Systems Group ( ALSK), down 14.4%, Deltathree ( DDDC), down 7.6% and Partner Communications Company ( PTNR), down 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Windstream Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.