Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Travelers Companies ( TRV) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Travelers Companies fell $3.22 (-3.8%) to $82.21 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,559,414 shares of Travelers Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,068,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $82.10-$85.08 after having opened the day at $84.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.43. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), down 6.8%, WR Berkley ( WRB), down 4.3%, Axis Capital Holdings ( AXS), down 3.8% and PartnerRe ( PRE), down 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.