Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Illinois Tool Works ( ITW) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Illinois Tool Works fell $2.07 (-2.8%) to $71.60 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,988,797 shares of Illinois Tool Works exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,122,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $70.17-$72.79 after having opened the day at $72.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.67. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 8.5%, IntriCon Corporation ( IIN), down 6.7%, India Globalization Capital ( IGC), down 6.2% and Perma-Fix Environmental Services ( PESI), down 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Illinois Tool Works Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.