Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec fell $9.02 (-3.9%) to $222.66 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,703,015 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,472,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $221.91-$231.83 after having opened the day at $231.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $231.67. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 33.4%, Ampio Pharmaceuticals ( AMPE), down 13.5%, Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company ( AXN), down 12.0% and Hansen Medical ( HNSN), down 10.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.