Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Noble Energy ( NBL) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Noble Energy fell $0.79 (-1.2%) to $65.18 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,305,938 shares of Noble Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,078,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $65.17-$66.11 after having opened the day at $66.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.97. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 10.3%, MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 8.5%, Uranerz Energy Corporation ( URZ), down 8.4% and Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), down 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Noble Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.