Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Zions ( ZION) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Zions fell $0.94 (-3.0%) to $29.90 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,239,463 shares of Zions exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,114,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.46-$30.47 after having opened the day at $29.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.84. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), down 9.1%, Carolina Bank Holdings ( CLBH), down 5.4%, Bank of Marin Bancorp ( BMRC), down 4.9% and Centerstate Banks ( CSFL), down 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Zions Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.