Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Starwood Property ( STWD) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Starwood Property rose $0.61 (2.4%) to $25.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,894,818 shares of Starwood Property exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,404,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $25.24-$25.93 after having opened the day at $25.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.25. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), up 9.4%, Alto Palermo ( APSA), up 4.6%, Doral Financial ( DRL), up 4.1% and Supertel Hospitality ( SPPR), up 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Starwood Property Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.