Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Petroleum ( MPC) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Marathon Petroleum rose $1.93 (2.8%) to $71.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,697,271 shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,305,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $69.93-$72.36 after having opened the day at $70.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.84. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Miller Energy Resources ( MILL), up 8.7%, PostRock Energy ( PSTR), up 7.6%, Parker Drilling Company ( PKD), up 7.3% and Goodrich Petroleum ( GDP), up 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Marathon Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.