Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hanesbrands ( HBI) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Hanesbrands rose $0.77 (1.5%) to $53.36 on light volume. Throughout the day, 417,701 shares of Hanesbrands exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 768,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.29-$53.62 after having opened the day at $52.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.59. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: China Marine Food Group ( CMFO), up 28.9%, SGOCO Group ( SGOC), up 26.9%, Global-Tech Advanced Innovations ( GAI), up 9.9% and American Lorain ( ALN), up 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hanesbrands Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.