Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Suncor Energy ( SU) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Suncor Energy rose $0.34 (1.1%) to $32.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,547,826 shares of Suncor Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,014,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.93-$32.54 after having opened the day at $31.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.96. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Alexco Resource ( AXU), up 18.5%, International Tower Hill Mines ( THM), up 16.9%, Quest Rare Minerals ( QRM), up 16.4% and Banro Corporation ( BAA), up 16.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Suncor Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.