Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. State Street ( STT) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, State Street rose $1.18 (1.7%) to $71.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,502,305 shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,996,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $70.26-$71.21 after having opened the day at $70.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.02. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Magyar Bancorp ( MGYR), up 11.1%, 1st Century Bancshrs ( FCTY), up 9.0%, Southern First ( SFST), up 8.5% and PacWest Bancorp ( PACW), up 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.